Procurement Opportunities Program (POP) promotes local and small businesses.
The County of Sacramento believes in, and encourages, the use of local and small business enterprises in its contracting and procurement activities at all times. The County believes that the inclusion - not exclusion - of any interested business enterprise in its contracting and procurement activities is healthy for both the business community as well as the County of Sacramento.
- Solicitations threshold for contract awards for goods and non-professional services is $1,000,000
- Local Vendor Preference - 5%
- Micro-Business Preference - 2%
- Allowance to combine Local and Micro-Business preference for total - 7%
- County procurement expenditures:
- 2011: Total spend = $136 mil, local $59 mil (43%)
- 2010: Total spend = $142 mil, local $71 mil (50%)
- 2009: Total spend = $174 mil, local $90 mil (52%)
For additional details, view Procurement Opportunities Program